Saturday, August 9, 2008

VIJAY INAUGURATES FLAG FOR VIJAY


The flag hoisting function started at about 4.00PM (IST) on 22 June 2008, on the eve of Vijay's Birthday. For full two hours, fans were entertained by Lakshman Sruthi orchestra. Actor Dhamu stepped forward to entertain the crowd with his mimicry. After his performance, he thanked Vijay and revealed the importance of Vijay’s role in his success. It was Vijay who suggested doing the mimicry of Jurassic Park that had earned him great fame. He thanked Vijay on this occasion for influencing him.


Dharani-" Every man in the world needs a unique identity and I feel this flag to be a unique identity for Vijay. I adore Vijay for his punctuality and his hard work and his involvement in the work he is doing. From my experience, I visualize Vijay as India’s Bruce Lee" Dharani finished his speech with a short and sweet birthday wish to Vijay.


Ramana-" I feel this flag symbolizes Vijay himself .All the things that he has done with hard work has bought him to this top. Vijay has given out this secret to his fans so that they can be successful like Vijay and reach great heights. I also thank Vijay for leading me to the doors of Tamil film industry. And I wish him a very successful year"


Kalaipuli Dhanu-"This is a greatest day not only for Vijay but also for his fans which includes me. I can figure out that the white and blue colors are to represent the Sky where Vijay shines as a Sun (Incomparable)"


R.B.Chowdhry-" In initial periods, I did movie for Vijay but now, it is quiet hard to do a movie for Vijay's image. I am searching for such a script. I am sure it will be the biggest blockbuster"
Ayangaran Karunamoorthi- “This is not just an ordinary function; I believe this to be my family function. I feel very proud to be a Vijay Fan"


Fefsi Vijayan-"Vijay resides in the hearts of crores of fans not just because of his acting and hard work, but also because of his child-like and victorious smile. Vijay appears to be calm and poised but turns completely brave whenever required. All stunts in Pokkiri have been done without a dupe and that is something that many actors don’t even think of. When he was conferred the doctorate, Vijay asked me whether it is right to accept it or not. But I pointed out that for his hard work and good nature, he deserves more than that. He satisfies all people and keeps us happy better than any doctor in this world and he is the real doctor"


Sreeman-"Uyir kaapan thozhan" and I felt this from my best friend Vijay. Like him this flag will reach great heights"


Ravivarman - “An artist is the only person who keeps people happy hiding their own sorrows and misfortunes”. I consider Vijay to be one of the best artists that I have ever seen. I am happy to be working for his film “Villu”. Myself and my son are die hard Vijay fans. I wish him all success."


Dhamu - "My friend has a great and a noble dream. Vijay wants his fans to be victorious in their life; this fan implies my friend’s noble thought towards his fans. Hope fans follow this to make Vijay feel proud"


Lawrence- “I would quote Vijay to be a fearless man. When I was told that I have to dance Thaam Thakka song with him, I was surprised to hear that Vijay accepted this. After seeing the song on screen, I felt Vijay has danced better than me. Leave me, I am just a small kid. Even in Pokkiri pongal song, I felt Vijay outsmarted the great Master 'Prabhudeva'. He believes he can do it, and that has been this flag’s Motto. When I planned to start a school for physically handicapped dancers, the first one who came to support me was our Superstar (Rajnikanth) and next one to give me assurance of Support is the ‘Next superstar’ (Vijay)"


Prabhudeva - "I am always amused by Vijay's love towards his fans. While doing a shot, he doesn’t do it for himself or others but simply does it for the sake of fans and the sake of their enjoyment. Literally he does everything for his fans. Happy birthday Vijay"


SAC - SAC is fondly called as "APPA" by Rasigar mandram people. He started this speech with the following notes "I don’t think any actor's father gets this respect from his fans to be addressed as "Appa". I am very proud to be Vijay's Father. I just laid a road for Vijay's success but it was his racing ability that made him the best. I know how much hard work my son does for every movie. I am blessed to be his father. Flag is not related to politics. The white color of the flag represents “work with pure minds”. And Blue color represents – “By doing so, u can reach the SKY”. We wanted all the fans to be simple, lovable and successful like Vijay himself. During his first film, many of my assistant directors were commenting on Vijay's appearance but due to his hard work, he has risen to such a level that he acted in films directed by those Assistant directors themselves. I wish him all success"
Nayanthara stepped in to wish Vijay a successful life and career. Nayanthara really seemed baffled by the crowd.


Sathyaraj - "I just don’t want to wish one Vijay out here but I want to wish all crores and crores of Vijay. To be simple, i consider all Vijay fans to be Vijay. MGR addresses his fans as "Rathathin Rathame" but I consider Vijay fans as Vijay’s own hard work and pleasant smile. When Vijay was doing his film Deva, I was in Pollachi for shooting the film "Amaithi Padai". My birthday was celebrated on the same hotel where Vijay and I were living for the shooting. Everyone enjoyed to the maximum in the function but I was shocked to find Vijay sitting in the corner. I understood that Vijay appeared to be simple. But now when I entered the Auditorium, I was told to come to the room where Vijay was waiting for me. I was surprised to find Vijay standing in the corner of the room with utmost simplicity. I adore him because in spite of all his achievements, he has never become egoistic and has remained to be noble and simple. I am willing to call Vijay as ‘Amaithi Padai’. I am repeatedly telling this everywhere that ‘Next to MGR, it is always Vijay for me’. I am proud to have him as my brother. I loved a sequence in the song “Nee Mutham Ondru Koduthal" from Pokkiri where Vijay stretches to reach Asin’s Back and Asin revealing a shocked expression. At that point, the expression rendered By Vijay expressed his romantic and childish feature. This is what I call as TRUE ACTING (Idhu dhanya NADIPU). Next to MGR film’s songs, only Vijay’s film songs have revolutionary ideas concerning Society's welfare. Other actors want songs depicting their own personality. ‘Theepandham eduthu theendamai Koluthu’ this is what Ambedkar, Periyar and many others were teaching people. ‘Cheri Illa oorukule poraka venum pera pulla’ indicates his loving to remove poverty from Indian Society. For me Vijay is better than Michael Jackson in dance and better than Jackie Chan in fighting. Wishing him to be like this forever”


Finally came the best moment of the day when Vijay finally got up to address the crowd.
"I love my family and I love my fans to the same extent. I feel happy to celebrate my birthday among my fans (i.e. My Family). I decided to have a flag because a fan of mine requested me to have one. He asked me to enter politics and start a Political party and have a flag. I didn’t want to fit myself in the first two requests that he made. But I thought I can have a Flag for my Mandram. When I was discussing about the flag color, I was standing in my house near the beach (Neelangarai). I saw the sky and sea. Both where Blue. I realized that the world has more water than land, but I felt that the Sky is even more bigger than anything that can hold 100's of world. So I chose Blue and white which represents selfless service. I also want to make it clear that there is no Politics involved in the flag. I have fans in all parties and I don’t want to hurt any fans by supporting one. It is like hurting me. I thank all people and my fans for turning out for the function and making it a grand success"


Many garland and photos were clicked after the function but what remained untouched was the flag flying high, representing Vijay's honor for his fans and humanity. Thanks to Vijay for giving a unique identity for fans. Vijay rules forever

No comments: